Sunday, June 20, 2010

FEMALE NOMAD AND FRIENDS


Over this weekend, between writing some chapters for my book, A Broad Abroad in Iran I cheated and took a reading break.

The book was excellent and I found I lost all track of time I was so engrossed. I'd like to recommend it to all of you who like to travel—and eat!

The book is: “Female Nomad and Friends” by Rita Golden Gelman, which includes stories and recipes from her “friends,” a group of women who submitted their great travel stories; some sad, some hilarious, along with some great exotic recipes.

So if you’re in the market for a fun book, along with exotic recipes from all over the world, you’ll want to check out this excerpt from her book:
http://dodiecross.com/docs/Female_Nomad_and_Friends_Excerpt__Soul_Food.doc

Rita is also the author of “The Female Nomad,” another great book that I enjoyed thoroughly. You get the feeling that you’re traveling right along with Rita in her stories of exotic places and meeting new friends.

Happy reading!

No comments: