Monday, April 13, 2009

TO SEE OR NOT TO SEE, THAT IS THE QUESTION

HI-HO, HI-HO, IT'S OFF TO UCLA I GO! Next Monday's the big surgery day. I've been told that, because I am one-sighted, (can see out of only one eye) no surgeon would take the risk to remove a cataract from my "good" eye. Growth on Retina, Glaucoma, and all that risky stuff.

But when you can't tell a house on fire from a theater marquee, I think it's time to do something drastic.

So hail to the Bruins at UCLA Jules Stein Eye Center! They say "Bring it on! We do high-risk surgery all the time. We can help you."

As my husband's a rabid USC fan, he isn't taking this too well. I hope he's not pulling for a failure, but you know those football fans.

Anyway, at my last eye test, the sweet little DMV clerk wanted to pull my license right on the spot.

She became a bit suspicious when I couldn't tell a Q from an O, or a G from a C. "Are you having difficutly, dear?" she asked.

"Oh, no, I'm just being silly. Of course I know what it is."

"WHAT is it?" She had just morphed from a cute little old lady to Nurse Ratched.

Well, come next Monday I'll know if the surgery was successful, but right now, I'm dreaming of showing up with a patch on my bad eye and shouting Q-O-G-C, neener, neener, as I pass with flying colors!

Any one-sighted bloggers out there who have had this procedure done???

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Gutsy Living said...

I'm a two-eyed blogger and I look forward to your future two-eyed blogging. It makes life a lot easier.